Covid-19 is a public health emergency and Hotel Celebrity have taken the steps in this policy document to safeguard against and minimize the risk to staff and guests.
Temperature Scan Camera:
To provide a safe environment for guests and staff all persons entering and re-entering the hotel must have their temperature taken.
There is a scanner in reception. Please stand on the CROSS 1.5 metres away from reception desk.
Sorry, but we will refuse entry to anyone entering or re-entering the hotel who refuses to have their temperature taken or who exhibits a high temperature.
The thermal camera we are using is the same technology as used at airports and is perfectly safe.
Please only enter Hotel Celebrity if you are feeling well and have no symptoms of Covid-19.
An Isolation room for the use of guests and staff has been set up for those who display symptoms whilst at the hotel, where they can await further assessment by 111.
ARRIVING BY CAR?:
We provide free parking on a first come first served basis, to staying guests only. We do not allow coaches or mini-buses to park in the hotel car parks. There is ‘pay’ on street parking outside the hotel and in adjacent roads.
We are implementing NEW stringent & high standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel including guest bedrooms.
What Has Changed:
Arrival at the hotel:
Guests who arrive by car are requested to remain in their vehicles and telephone the hotel reception 01202 316316 to be given further instruction by a member of our team. This will allow us to manage the check in procedure safely and efficiently by limiting the number of guests concurrently entering the hotel. The main car park is at the front of the hotel and there is a small car park at the rear of the hotel.
All front of house staff wear disposable gloves and, where they leave the area covered by the protective screens, also masks. Physical contact with clients will be kept to a minimum.
Virtual check in:
All guest information and payment details as well as special requirements such as early morning call, dietary needs, car reg etc. which was previously collected on check-in will, where possible, be verified prior to arrival. This will enable us to prepare the room key, registration card and additional information in advance.
Registration Cards/Room Keys:
It is a legal requirement for all guests to complete, sign and return a registration card and we are providing a safe and secure way to do this.
The room key is disinfected and placed in a plastic bag which is then passed to the guest upon arrival at the hotel. We ask that the key is returned to reception (in the same bag) on departure.
We ask guests to minimise the use of cash payments and instead use credit/debit cards and use the ‘touch’ facility on their cards for small bar purchases.
Please leave the key at reception in the bag provided, additional payments will be taken via contactless method wherever possible. Your invoice will be emailed or posted to you 24 hours later.
Safe procedures During Stay:
Guests already booked into the hotel are requested to speak to reception via their mobile phone regarding any queries you may have during your stay and prior to check out.
All common use doors within the hotel are propped open. (Fire Doors are open and linked to our fire alarm system to close automatically in the case of fire.) We ask guests to avoid touching any public handrails throughout your stay.
Limited storage of luggage after check-out for up to 3 hours but must be stored in a plastic ‘bin bag’ available from reception. No porterage service will be available at this time; however, an exception will be made for people with limited mobility. Cars can be left in the car park during day of checkout till 3.00pm – please arrange with reception.
Housekeeping & General hygiene:
New standards on hygienic practices haven been introduced to safeguard and protect guests and staff from possible infection.
- We have removed extra pillows, extra towels and information folders as well as bed throws, decorative cushions etc. from guest bedrooms.
- Any necessary “Guests information” will be emailed to guests prior to their arrival.
- Housekeepers are not permitted to service guest bedrooms during a stay. Laundry bags with fresh towels, soap tea/coffee/milk etc. can be left outside bedrooms – please contact reception to arrange. Dirty laundry please leave outside your door for collection in the laundry bags the clean laundry was provided in.
Food and Beverage: TABLE SERVICE ONLY
Breakfast, light bites and dinner is served in the main dining room, the bar or outside table areas as guests choose. (Guests with pets must use either the bar or outside table areas).
To ensure social distancing tables have been reduced in number and we ask all guests to pre-book breakfast and dinner timings.
Hotels cannot as yet operate a self-service breakfast buffet. We operate a waitress table service only.
We recommend all guests use the Hang Gel prior to and post breakfast.
Restaurant & Bar Layout:
- Tables and seating areas are arranged at least 1.5m apart in line with the Government Guidelines for social distancing and a maximum of 4 guests can be seated together (unless occupying a family room with more people).
- Tables and seating areas are laid out to minimise the air flow from each client to all other clients.
- No buffets or self-service stations are legally permitted.
- Table service only is available for all food and drink. Drinks can be ordered from the reception area and staff in the restaurant/bar areas and will be served to tables.
- Guests are requested not to move tables and seats and not allow children to run around the public areas.
- Non-resident dining must be pre-booked to allow us to manage capacity and social distancing.
- All food/supplies are sourced from suppliers who can prove that they have not been affected by the virus and have stringent preventative measures in place.
- All tableware including condiments, menus etc. will be cleaned after each customer leaves the table. We will be using individual sachets for condiments at this time and small amounts placed on the tables as requested or required.
- Cutlery will be served individually with the food. Cutlery cannot be pre-laid.
- All dining tables and chairs will be sanitized with disinfectant before serving new guests
Room service is available for all meals at a charge of £5 per meal served. Staff members cannot enter guest bedrooms and will knock the bedroom door and step back until the guest has picked up the tray. Finished trays can be left outside bedrooms doors for collection after use.